Golf has been played in Australia and New Zealand since the mid-1800s and in that time many major golf events have been established in both countries. With golf courses of all kinds available to enjoy from the utmost luxury to those perfect for beginners on a budget, Australia and New Zealand has everything a golf lover could ever need. We have had a decades-long love affair with golf at EbalonGolf.com and we’ve put together this golf guide to help beginners find their feet.
Getting Started with Golf
Golf can seem incredibly confusing to the uninitiated as there are so many rules are regulations, but as the old saying goes – practise makes perfect. Whether you are looking for a better understanding of the game in order to enjoy watching it more or whether you want to get started playing golf, our comprehensive guides and golf tips online will see you turn from novice to veteran in no time.
Golf Guide to the Top Courses
If you are looking to enjoy the most luxurious courses in Australia and New Zealand, you can’t go wrong with these top-ranking golf courses.
- Royal Golf Club Melbourne: Australia’s foremost golf club which is open to members and invited guests only.
- Kingston Heath: this premier golf course has hosted 7 Australian Opens and 1 Women’s Open and is a mostly private course.
- Cape Wickham: this newly established golf course was receiving major attention in Australia before it even opened and has proven to be worth the adulation.
- Tara Iti: located an hour from Auckland on the east coast, this 18-hole ultra-private course has gone straight to number 1 for New Zealand’s golf purists.
- Jack’s Point: located on the eastern side of Lake Wakitapu, Jack’s Point features magnificent views no matter where you look.
- Cape Kidnappers: perched high above the cliffs at the southern tip of Hawke’s Bay, the 6000-acre Cape Kidnappers looks out over the Pacific Ocean.
Golf Guide to Major Events
These events which take place in Australia and New Zealand are at the top of the event calendar and if you’re not located in these countries you can always view these tournaments with channels that stream golf online.
- PGA Tour Australasia: comprises of events which take place in Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific and has a prize-pool of over AU$8.5 million.
- Australian PGA Seniors Championship: the flagship event of the Ladbrokes Legends tour which takes place in November each year for professional golfers aged 50 and over.
Betting on Golf Online
Nothing ramps up the excitement of a golf tournament than putting some cold hard cash on the line. If you’re ready to get started with betting on golf online, we have you covered here as well. Getting started with sports betting and you only need 3 things: a device with an active internet connection, an account with an online sportsbook, and money to fund your account.
If you haven’t as yet found a top sportsbook, be sure to read reviews and recommendations to ensure that you only use the best in the business. There is plenty of information available, so be sure to do your homework before getting started. Be sure to bookmark EbalonGolf.com to get the latest golfing guides!